PCPC names members of Civic Design Review Committee
Philadelphia City Planning Commission
Philadelphia’s new zoning code established a Civic Design Review (CDR) Committee to provide a consistent and organized public discussion process for projects that will have a significant impact on the public realm of a neighborhood. Six members of the committee were appointed by Mayor Nutter. The seventh seat is rotating and will be filled by a representative of the local Registered Community Organization where the project is located.
The city’s first CDR Committee includes:
- Nancy Rogo Trainer, principal at VSBA, LLC, architect, and member of the City Planning Commission since 2008;
- Michael Johns, acting deputy executive director for operations at the Philadelphia Housing Authority and architect;
- Anita Toby Lager, managing principal at LRSLAstudio and landscape architect;
- Dan Garofalo, environmental sustainability coordinator and senior facilities planner at the University of Pennsylvania;
- Anne Fadullon, director of real estate development and investment at the Dale Corporation; and
- Cecil Baker, architect and long-standing Washington Square West Civic Association zoning committee member.
Read the press release.
- 03/16/2013 Changing Skyline: Proposed remapping of Center City land use covers much-needed ground
- 12/14/2012 City Council amends code, favors RCO reform
- 11/20/2012 Hearing December 4 on substantive changes to new zoning code
- 11/05/2012 Hearings related to RCOs rescheduled
- 10/31/2012 O’Neill proposes amendments to zoning code
- 10/31/2012 Rules Committee approves two zoning bills
- 10/24/2012 PCPC names members of Civic Design Review Committee
- 10/09/2012 Bill related to flood plain expected to pass; hearing on waterfront setbacks October 31
- 10/09/2012 Public hearing on RCOs October 29